Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I filed for my citizenship 3 years ago, my interview was 2

Customer Question
years ago and I keep...
I filed for my citizenship 3 years ago, my interview was 2 years ago and I keep being told that approval is pending background checks
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: However today I got a call from my ex-husband that he was visited by Immigration agents trying to force him to say our marriage was fake. Which he could not do because we had a real marriage.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am just confused because I don't understand what is going on No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I got my Greencard in 2009 all the checks were done by Immigration
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/16/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please give me some time to consider your question.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you see the option to rate, please do so with a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: First, you need to get an immigration lawyer to protect you in case the authorities decide to say you committed marriage fraud.

Then you need to create a Service Request with the USCIS since this is far outside of the processing times: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Third, contact your representatives in Congress to help you get this moving along.

Also, you should contact the USCIS Ombudsman, who helps people stuck in long delays: https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance.

I hope that answers your question. Please remember to click on a rating at the top of your screen and hit the submit button - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer