Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

If I have a valid passport, can I stay in the U.S. longer?

Customer Question

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
According to the law I am supposed to stay in the United States for 6 months then go back to Canada to return. Cause my father's physical and mental health requires me beside him for daily needs. My father and brother are living in the states from 1990. My mother died in Florida in 2010. Is there a way to become a resident. I am on the Canadian Provincial disability pension plan. I have signed a document with Quebec's retirement plan concerning my father saying I am the Administrator for him. The borders are waiting for a Power of Attorney to clear my 16 boxes sent by UPS on March 30 2017 from Laval to the Canadian Customs Borders and the American Customs Borders are also asking for me to get a Broker. On May 15th I have communicated with UPS and I am still waiting to find our where are my boxes, since on the tracking systems it does not appear anymore. I have received a confirmation of the bond warehouse number in Montreal, but when I call they tell me the boxes are not yet at the warehouse. Mr. Jackson from UPS told me I might never see my belongings anymore. Could you please help me with this problem. I have paid already 426$ for UPS services.

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,