How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I worked in the United States for 25 years paying taxes

Customer Question

If I worked in the United States for 25 years paying taxes making my income tax return every year, but haven't asked for my pension from the Gogernment at 65 years old . I am now nearly 78 Social Security told me today that I must have a green card to apply for it. And I also have another problem. I recently made a heart attack with a nearly 10,000$ incoice. I was also told by the social security office I still need my green card in order to claim for Medicare. Could you help me with this situation. I am Originally from Laval Canada. The lawyer that has been taking care of my legal documents purposely has been missgiding me; in order to take advantage of my ignorance to overcharge me for his services, such as 600.00$ to renew a passport.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I was supposed to receive information by the Canadian Government as far as receiving my widows pension.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not sure if documents has been signed. Since this lawyer said there is a blockage at the Canadian's Government. But he has been promising me and my wife and my son to obtain our American Citizenship, since already 25 years. Telling me to avoid seing doctors also was very suspicious.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are hoping for a money offer compensating false promises and overcharge services.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This lawyer has been seperating the family members in order to maintain control over my ignorance, and in order to keep my older daughter away from me; since she has worked as a receptionist for lawyers in her past, he was informing me of her having allots of problems, he has never seen a person have so many problems. she exsplained to me how her provincial services were closing the doors on her, the police giving her no more services, having been an abused beaten woman.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This lawyer says he once was a member of a political party. apparently his daughter goes to Mr. Trump's house.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,