Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I was deported like 20 years ago but came back to the states

Customer Question

I was deported like 20 years ago but came back to the states a year after and have been working here ever since - I want to be legal again - is that possible
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no this is my first time talking withanybody about it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Like?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The answer is that you probably will not be able to become legal unless you leave the U.S. and face a 10 year bar. What country are you from? Do you have a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident parent or spouse? What was the reason for your deportation? Any crimes? And how old were you when you entered the U.S. the second time? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

What country are you from? Do you have a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident parent or spouse? What was the reason for your deportation? Any crimes? And how old were you when you entered the U.S. the second time? Please try to answer each question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I didnt respond because I dont need you anymore thank you. Please take me off your list I hope you will not charge my card anymore

You were probably charged but you can email *****@******.*** and ask for a refund. Good luck.