How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4865
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is about the DS-160 application online. So my

Customer Question

Hi, my question is about the DS-160 application online. So my friend wanted me to help fill this out for him because he has poor English and he wants to have his child from another country apply to come visit him on vacation. I have a few questions:1. I am trying to figure out if it will be possible for me to help him by doing the online application for him (for his child to come visit him). I see that there is only an online application for this. Is it supposed only filled out about HIM (my friend), or is this application in regards ***** ***** (his child) who wants to visit him? Who are these questions about? Can I help him by filling out these answers for him online?2) If the above would be possible for me to do it for him based on information he provides to me, in the end of the online application will it ask for some payment information from him or something like this? Because I don't think I can fill it out for him if it makes you pay online, that seems to much to ask for privacy issues.3) Can you please provide me with an outline of how the entire application process works for these DS-160 step-by-step? Again, the situation is that my friends needs my help because he has poor English, he wants to invite his child from another country to come visit him in the United States. He wants to know the step-by-step procedure to get his child a Visa to come visit him in the US. And also, if it works out, how long can his child stay with him?Thanks!
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, are you still going to be able to answer my questions?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Yes, I had to step away but will be back soon.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 3 months ago.


Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi I would appreciate your help this morning when you get a chance. Thanks
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

So sorry for the delay. I could not find your question on my list again.

1. You can do it with your friend next to you if he does not speak the language, but they should be present. It is in regards ***** ***** child. The parent fills it out on behalf of the child.

2. He will have to give a payment but it can be done separately. Meaning you can pay then fill out after.

3. Your friend pays the fee, fill out the DS-160 and then gets a date for the child to go for an interview with an adult at the US embassy/consulate. At the consulate, the adult has to explain what the situation is and that the child wants to visit their parent. The other parent should show proof that they are not coming. If approved, the child can come for up to 6 months.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS at the top. Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important since it is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't , I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JEN MARIE. "