Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

Am a haitian womwn just married to an american citizen, I

Customer Question

am a haitian womwn just married to an american citizen, I came with a 5 yrs multiple entry visa. Should i stay and adjust my status or go back and forth tp haiti? or fill out a petition and stay here
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: not yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

If you are currently in legal status and your spouse will file and sponsor a visa based upon marraige i-130 you can stay in the US and file to adjust status.

You file this form in conjunction with the form i-130 filed by your spouse.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

It is usually more expedient to stay in the US rather than returning to your native country.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill