Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My fiancee and I are getting ready to go to the consulate in

ciudad juarez for her K1...
my fiancee and I are getting ready to go to the consulate in ciudad juarez for her K1 Visa interview. I have mentioned in the past that she had an 8 month and 2 day Visa overstay. When she went back to Mexico, on her own (not deported), her family just entered without checking in at the border. The only documentation she has to verify that she was in Mexico before she had a one year overstay is her voters card, a paycheck stub and her Mexican "medicaid" application. It isn't dated for the month she returned (June 2012) but all documents are dated early August 2012. Do you think she will have any issues with getting her K1 visa approved? She has already fulfilled her 3 year bar.
5/15/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Thank you.

With those three documents, it should be sufficient to prove that she was back in the US by at least August 2012. It should be enough to avoid issues with the K-1 visa.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS at the top. Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important since it is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't , I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JEN MARIE. "

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Thank you so much! You are an angel!

You're very welcome. Best of luck to you too!

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney