Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am a Libyan citizen and would like to apply for asylum.

Customer Question

hi, I am a Libyan citizen and would like to apply for asylum
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: no. not yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: most importantly is the cost of the case
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Are you currently in the U.S.? When did you enter? What visa did you use to enter?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am in US. I entered in 2011 as student, F1 visa. I still on F1 visa but lately i received a threat. Before we go any further with questions I want to know how much the case will cost. Thanks

You mean what this website charges you for information or what an attorney would charge you to handle an Asylum case?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

An Asylum case can cost around $3000 to $6000 in attorney fees. As far as what this website has charged, I think it is $38. What questions do you have for me?