Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My petition of brother to brother was deny because I stay in

Customer Question
Hi ! my petition of...
Hi ! my petition of brother to brother was deny because I stay in the USA with a working visa and I let it expire . Can I apply for a pardon ?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Before I came to new york in 2002 , I did work for a Church and I had an R1 Visa , which is the VISA that I use to reenter the USA but six month after I was here it expire .
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I went to see a lawyer and he say that I don't have a chance , that my solution is to get married .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: well also this lawyer say that he can do is apply for a FIOS which is only to request a copy of the file to immigration and to study my case without any promise of a solution for my case .
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/10/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

So you have been out of status for how long? Do you have a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident spouse or parent? If you do not, then I may have bad news for you. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

I came to the states with the visa on the very first time on 1997 on December and I went back to my country in 2000 until 2002 that's when I reenter in New York and I stay here for the pass 15 years . Not I'm not married .

But do either of your parents have U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency or U.S. Citizenship? If your brother is a U.S. Citizen, he can petition for them. The problem is that the I-601A waiver that you need a brother cannot file it for you. It can only be filed by a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent spouse or parent.

Do either of your parents have U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency or U.S. Citizenship?

Ely, Counselor at Law