How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years professional experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an au pair here he took illegal pictures and videos of

Customer Question

I had an au pair here he took illegal pictures and videos of my children without permission
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: And tried to extort us
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: We want to have his visa revojed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We would also like to press charges against the agency and get access to whatever he has of our children he won't relinquish the blackmail
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

You will need to file a complaint with the agency. The agency/sponsor has a duty to file with the Department of State a summation of all complaints regarding the au pair's participation in the program, specifying the nature of the complaint, its resolution, and whether any unresolved complaints are outstanding. If the agency fails to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction and in accordance with the law, then Department of State may impose sanctions as set forth here.

You can also sue the au pair directly in court for an order requiring the return of unauthorized pictures taken in your home or private domain.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this so that Just Answer will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.