How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1626
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As a card older and my file restraining order agains me what

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: As a green card older and my file restraining order agains me what happened to
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I have a 2 year green card
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I what to if me of to get a lawyer
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.
Good morning
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.
More information is needed. If you have been arrested for domestic battery or violence it may be a situation that can result in deportation proceedings. If you have not been charged with a crime, then you need to stay away from both your wife/subject and the home. Otherwise, you can be charged with a crime. How a domestic violence charge will affect your immigration status is very complicated. It will depend on the specifics of your case and the details of the alleged crime. If you are divorced before you obtain your permanent green card this could affect you being granted conditional/permanent residents, issuance of the full green card, and also naturalization. I strongly recommend consulting with an experienced immigration attorney. I hope this helps. Please don't forget to rate the question for credit and tracking so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.

if you have any other questions, just ask