Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I want to apply for a citizenship. I've been a legal

Customer Question

I want to apply for a citizenship. I've been a legal permanent resident for almost 30 years. I just read the citizenship application and I found a question(#23). Before I became a legal permanent resident my crossing card was cancel because somebody in my group attempted to enter to US with a fake crossing card. But in a year I applied for another crossing card and I didn't have any problem and after that I got my green card. Do that affect my application for a citizenship? Is that what question #23 is trying to ask?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am legally permanent resident for almost 30 years and I don't have any pending application
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I think I am talking to you right now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

No, that is not what the question is asking. You can answer no unless you have been arrested, cited or detained. They are just referring to actually being detained in a facility by immigration.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS at the top. Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important since it is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't , I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JEN MARIE. "