How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5094
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is regrading immigration issues. If I what to

Customer Question

My question is regrading immigration issues. If I what to bring my fiancé from Sweden how can I go about it
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My fiancé has not got yet a Sweden identity for Sweden he just got an identity from immigration of Sweden.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

So you are saying that your fiance does not have legal residency in Sweden?

What country is your fiance a citizen of?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
From iran
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Your fiance would need to be in Sweden with legal status for you to be able to petition him. Otherwise he would have to go back to Iran.

In order to petition him, you submit form I-129F found on You must have seen each other once in the last 2 years to be eligible. The application cost is $535 and it takes about 6-9 months for her to enter the US.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS at the top. Hopefully you feel I have earned 3 or more stars for my service. This is very important since it is how I receive credit from what you paid. If you don't , I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JEN MARIE. "

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave any feed back.

Please let me know how I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a positive rating for us. I'm so sorry that I don't have better news but I hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I can't change them. I hope you can rate me based on my time and answer that I gave you. Thank you for your consideration