How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12304
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to renew my pensiando residency and can't seem to

Customer Question

I need to renew my pensiando residency and can't seem to find help here in Tamarindo.....Suggestion?
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I havea resideency card.expires end of May
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Only in San Jose
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: document requirements
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please give me some time to consider your question.

Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

Is this for Costa Rica or for the United States?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Costa Rica
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am a US citizen
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you in costa rica?
Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

No. This was posted in the US immigration section. But if you give me some time to do the research, I think I might be able to help you.

Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

I am so sorry for the delay. For some reason, your question disappeared from the list.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you see the option to rate, please do so with a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: Renewing is actually quite easy, and generally can be done through the Banco de Costa Rica.

To renew your status, you must demonstrate that the income ($1000/month) was received in Costa Rica (i.e., that you have $12,000 in the bank in Costa Rica). You can renew your residency status at some of the branch offices of Banco de Costa Rica. To do so you call their 900 number which is ***-**-****9 to request a renewal appointment. They have English-speaking phone operators if you request it. Contact them to determine exactly what is required. They should also be able to get your the correct forms.

I hope that answers your question. Please remember to click on a rating at the top of your screen and hit the submit button - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hola Expert James...............The information you provided was helpful but did not work. I am aware of the 900 number [from DIMEX]. However the number is ***** available here in Costa Rica. Please let me know an alternative to make an appointment. BTW are you located here in Costa Rica?