KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

How does it take for PERM and I-140 approval process ?If for

Customer Question

How long does it take for PERM and I-140 approval process ?If for example say a person is close to his 6 years stay on H1B and now he renews H1B after I-40 approval whats the extension he gets.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.
Good morning
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer to your question of how long will the H 1B be renewed for after an I-40 approval. It is usually granted for 1 year, but it is often approved for 3 years. It really depends on what the employer may have requested.

The USCIS has discretionary authority to approve an H1B petition for a time period which it believes the employer will employ the beneficiary in the capacity and under the terms of the H1B petition. For example, a project may be of only 1 year duration, or it can be a three year need.

I hope this helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.