Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My DACA expired in 2014, would I have any problem renewing

Customer Question

My DACA expired in 2014, would I have any problem renewing it now?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Do you have anything at all negative in your background?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No criminal history. My mother who is a citizen filed a petitioned for me back in 2009 and in 2014, we thought the process of that petition was getting closer so we decided to wait for that instead of filing for renewal.
Also, since it has been 3 years since my DACA has expired, do I need to apply as a first timer?

You apply for renewal. Here is the official link:

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-process/renew-your-daca

Look near the bottom. So you just have accrued additional unlawful presence and you don't have authorization to work is all. As long as you meet the other requirements on that page, you are fine to renew.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I read somewhere that you have to apply as a first timer if your daca expired for more than a year. Do you know anything about this?

I go by what it says on the official website which seems to imply that you can apply late for a renewal. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!