Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My Fiance is supposed to be boarding plane to us in few

Customer Question

My Fiance is supposed to be boarding plane to us in few hours but man representing Police says that I have to put up $1000 before he will let her get on plane. I have seen Passport and plane ticket and VISA but he says he will not let her go. She is a US Citizen
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: His name is***** 233245180180. I informed him if she does not show I will notify his authorities and the US Marshall
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I have not she has gone thru US Embassy for visa and to renew Passport
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I do not have money I just want her safe home
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I have important questions to ask you first- have you ever met your fiance in person?

What country is your fiance coming from?

I am trying to accept your phone call but it is saying your payment method failed. We can just talk here.

I need to know if you have ever met your fiance in person? What country are they in right now?