Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Second opinion] and im from Australia i wanted to enquire

Customer Question

Second opinion] hi my name is ***** ***** im from Australia i wanted to enquire about a J1 visa to americaJA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: i have my boyfriend that lives in america, he is an american citizen and soon to be my fiancee no i have no pending applications yet im just trying to figure out how to do itJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: noJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: im looking to move to america in the future from Australia. i want to go in September and if possible work
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare a response.

If you receive a phone call offer, that is automatically sent to you. I do not send it. You can accept it if you want to.

Also, asking me if I am still here or checking in only delays my responses. Please be patient and do not close your question if it is taking a while. Sometimes answers take a long time to prepare or we are very busy. Even if it takes me a little while, PLEASE DO NOT OPT OUT; I promise that I will be with you. Your patience is very much appreciated.

The J-1 is tricky. Which type of J-1 are you looking to use? And what is your level of education?