Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a quick question. I am on an H1B and I recently filed…

Customer Question
I have a quick...

I have a quick question. I am on an H1B and I recently filed for marriage green card because my spouse is a US citizen.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I quit my job, an I still on a legal status in the USA before I get my EAD. My EAD should arrive hopefully in 90 days.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/7/2017
Immigration Lawyer: KUMAR PATURI ESQ, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
KUMAR PATURI ESQ

hello,

we can discuss this matter over the phone, I am an Immigration Attorney

Please accept the conversation if not we can use the chat

if you have filed a greencard, you can quit your h1b job, and not be out of status for immigration purposes, once you receive your EAD you would be able to work anywhere, even if the employer terminates your h1b visa, since you have applied as a spouse, your status would not hurt your application.

good luck, and if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you