Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Quick question about the DS-160 form for a H4 Visa Interview…

Quick question about the DS-160...
Quick question about the DS-160 form for a H4 Visa Interview for my fiancee - We'll be getting legally married on May 8th 2017, and want to have a Visa Interview scheduled for 9th or 10th May to avoid wasting any time.Would if be okay for her to fill out the DS-160 beforehand and fill in a status of "married"? Does the information on the DS-160 have to be current as of the interview or as of the date of filing before selecting interview dates?Thank you!
4/3/2017
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** and I will the immigration attorney helping you today. Please give me a few minutes.

I'm so sorry for the delay. Yes, she can state that she is "married" since she will be married the day of the interview. What matters is her status the day of the interview.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS at the top. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you feel I earned is always welcomed and appreciated :)

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER. "

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney