Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am an attorney (Univ. of Miami, FL) trying to bring over 4…

Customer Question
I am an attorney (Univ...
I am an attorney (Univ. of Miami, FL) trying to bring over 4 soccer coaches from UK to coach a youth soccer camp in Augusta, GA beginning 6/1/17. I started the H-2B process with Dept. of Labor for foreign labor certification, but just found out that the H-2b cap was met last week. P-3 VISA looks good, but soccer coach is not an "entertainer or artist" . O-1 VISA does not seem to work, since soccer coaches do not show "extraordinary achievement" , and are coaches not athletes. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/22/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 1 year ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

If may not be possible or at least not easy. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The problem is that we have coaches here. The idea is to not lose out on jobs to foreign coaches. Have you looked at the P-1?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
English soccer is different than US soccer. They have different techniques. Not to many in USA. P-1 is for athletic competition as an athlete. It seems that USCIS does not recognize coaches as athletes unless things have recently changed. There seems there is no neat category to put the UK soccer coaches.

They will not be accompanying any athletes as support personnel, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is correct. They are coming over to teach youth soccer. The youth are kids already is USA on Summer break.

Well, there are options, but you have to be creative and none are very easy. Take a look at this good article (scroll down to number 4):

http://www.sportvisaamerica.com/

The H-1Bs are used up for the year and even if they applied April 1st and were chosen, they wouldn't be able to come to the U.S. on that type of visa until a few days before October 1, 2017.

The O-1, they would have to be nationally or internationally recognized in their field and for the O-2, they would have to accompany an athlete that was s recognized. Same issue with P-1 and P-1S. However, the P-3 or Q-1 may be an option. Here are the links to those:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/p-3-artist-or-entertainer-coming-be-part-culturally-unique-program

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/q-cultural-exchange

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.