Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I bailing out my brother $20000 after he came out the send…

Customer Question
I bailing out my...

I bailing out my brother $20000 after he came out the send him i-340 so he went to canada so my question is how will I get my money back since he removal him self

Lawyer's Assistant: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.

How can I get link ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still waiting answers?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I've reviewed your question, and am happy to help, but first I need to know -- was this a $20,000 bond paid to a bondsman for a criminal case OR paid to ICE for an immigration hold? I'll wait to hear back, thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This case was ice
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not criminal

Okay thanks for the clarification. Since your brother was deported, then you qualify to have your bond amount returned to you.

What you need to do is contact the ICE field office in the state where your brother was held, and request that they mail you Form I-391.

You'll need to then fill out and submit this form, along with Form I-305 Receipt of Immigration Officer, and a cover letter with a request for the refund, and send all of these documents to:

Debt Management Center
Attention: Bond Unit
P.O. Box 5000
Williston, VT###-##-####/p>

Your refund will then be returned to you.

If for some reason you have misplaced the Form I-305 Receipt of Immigration Officer, you can instead send a notarized ICE Form I-395, Affidavit in Lieu of Lost Receipt of United States ICE for Collateral Accepted as Security.

If you have any other questions along the way, you can also contact the Financial Operations of the DHS Debt Management Center at(###) ###-####and select option 2 to speak with someone.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to kindly rate me using 3 stars or more, as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. I do not receive a salary here, and am only compensated for my time after you leave me a positive rating. The question won't close after you rate me, so you can still ask any follow-up questions you might have. Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer