Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Is it possible to invite a 2years old child from cameroon to…

Customer Question
is it possible to invite...
is it possible to invite a 2years old child from cameroon to America for easter holiday?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/21/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 1 year ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

It is possible, but who will the child be coming to the U.S. with?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

It is possible, but not easy. You can look at the link below for all the information that you need:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html

Essentially, the child must have a valid reason for visiting, must have a way to support themselves without working illegally, must have significant ties to their home country, and must have the intent to return home. Obviously with a child, there is no worry that the child will work illegally, but the worry is more that the child will stay in the U.S. illegally to have a better life.

A letter of invitation should state why you are inviting them and that you will provide room and board while they are here visiting.

Now as to some of the ties, they will need to show that they have significant close family at home, like their parents are staying behind and not giving them up for adoption or anything like that.

I mean some people have been approved with less, but I am trying to give you the idea for the best chance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was thinking to go to cameroon and bring her myself.

Ok. Thank you for finally responding. Her parents would have to apply for a B-2 tourist visa for her and prove to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that she would go back home after her visit.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Caroline, I see that you are seeing my responses. You have not closed out this discussion. What more can I do for you? Please do not ignore me as I have not ignored you.