Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Do the consulate officers check previous visa application…

Do the consulate officers check...
Do the consulate officers check previous visa application details ? i forgot to add an employer to my existing list of previous employment. I am going to india for h1b extension visa should i put the missing previous employment
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2017
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

They are supposed to check. Where did you omit the previous employer? In what status were you when you had that employment?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was in OPT status. Where as in?

Did the job relate to your field of study? Will you be able to prove it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have verification of employment letter and is in line with my field of study.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
FYI I have been in my current company for almost 5yrs now. My current company applied for h1b at 2013. I have an approved petition for the extension as well. I am going to India to get visa extended to 2019. So i shall be using dropbox facility
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was hired by my current employer on may 2012

Ok. I doubt it will be an issue for an OPT employment, but take with you the proof that your employment during OPT was authorized and was related to your field of study.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** almost done and I have a last follow-up question. What are the visa officers generally interested while considering your h1b extension by the same company that applied for ur first h1b ?

Best to take a copy of your entire H-1B file. They often review all the element. You have to have the offer of employment, the job offer must be for a position that is related to your degree and experience. The position must normally require a bachelor's degree or higher. The company must have a need for someone in that position and must have the resources to be able to pay you what is normally paid to someone in that position. So take a copy of everything previous and a new offer of employment letter and copies of your last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!