How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28812
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my wife start a business after getting H4 EAD?

Customer Question

I am on H1B valid until March 2018 . I have my I140 approved 6 months ago. My wife have her H4 EAD and can work for any employer, my question is, can she open her own business, like invest $250 k and convert to business visa and then apply for a GC?

Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 6 months ago.

What is her country of citizenship?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hello Judith, Appreciate your response, my Wife is Indian with her H4 EAD, I would like her to open a subway store for $250k and change her to business visa and apply for GC, will that be an option? My current wait time to become current and apply i485 is at least 11 years from now, and I don't like to be tied with a single employer through out my life.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 6 months ago.

There are no treaty investor E visas for Indians.

She would have to invest $500K in a targeted employment area or Regional Center or $1 million in any business to qualify for the EB5 investor visa.

$250 will not get her anything.

Related Immigration Law Questions