How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108952
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost or can't find my passport I need to travel to London

Customer Question

Hi i lost or can't find my passport I need to travel to London in february
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: i am a citizen but can't find that paper either
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really its simple But I dodnt know how to get a new passport asap when it's lost and my only record I have is my SSS card drives license and registered nurse license
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Sorry about the delay. I was on the phone with a client. So just to verify, you are a U.S. Citizen and need a U.S. Passport expedited? Were you naturalized or you were born in the U.S.?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was natutalized
Was born in hungry
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

You had a U.S. Passport before, correct? Do you have your naturalization certificate as well, just in case?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do but I can't find it
Going through divorce
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for the delay starting to work in my hispital
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please help me what to do?!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Ok. Sorry for the delay as I had logged off when you didn't respond. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

There are a number of ways to apply for a U.S. Passport in a hurry. Here is a link:

And here is the link on how to apply:

However, you will have to provide evidence of U.S. Citizenship. Since you do not have the previous U.S. Passport, you are going to have to find that Naturalization Certificate. If you do not find it, you will have to apply for a replacement on form N-565 which can be found here:

Even if you are able to expedite it (which is hard to do), I honestly don't think you would be able to get everything done in time before your trip. If you still want to try, here are a couple of links on how to expedite:

I wish I had better news for you, but please remember what I said about not shooting the messenger.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Related Immigration Law Questions