Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My 485 was denied in April 2016 for insufficient marriage

Customer Question

My 485 was denied in April 2016 for insufficient marriage evidence I just refile my package December 30, 2016 do you think I need an attorney.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: When it just happen we cant afford one right now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. What evidences did you originally submit? What evidences are you going to submit now?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Here is a list of things that I like to give my clients that they should have at the interview and I know that you may not have all of these things, but the more you have, the better it is.

A letter where you describe, in a very detailed fashion, the circumstances in which you met your spouse, the reasons you married, and the feelings and emotions that you have towards your spouse, and why.
If you have a child or children together, the birth certificate for each child.
Wedding pictures and pictures of other moments when you and your spouse, and other members of your families and friends have been together.
Very detailed letters from people who know you and your spouse and who are witnesses that your marriage was valid, who were at your wedding, or who knew you as a married couple.
Love letters or cards that you received from your spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that shows a common address.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.
Any other documents that prove your relationship.

Documents that you receive every month, you should have a folder where every 2 or three months you put these documents in there so that by the time of the interview, you have a folder with lots of stuff in it over a time period to show continuity of the relationship. They don’t like it when a person just shows up with bank statements and bills from the last month before the interview. They want to see proof that you have been living together for many months or more. So something from every 2 or 3 months that you are together should work.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.