How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108635
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where to get a capacity of married to a phikippines at to

Customer Question

where to get a capacity of married to a phikippines at to marry her in the philippines
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ca.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: an how much money in the bank do i need or what elf do i need an how lone will it take too get my wife here to the u.s.a.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I am not sure I understand your first question. Who is asking for that?

As to your second question, how many people do you claim on your income taxes including yourself?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Are you asking how much money your fiancée or spouse has to show in a bank account for her to come to the U.S.? Or how much money you have to show?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have all readed pay $35 an not got shit for it yet
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
u say call u for $59 more i think u are a theff
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Sir, please be careful with your accusations. I am a licensed attorney and I'm not going to throw away my license for a few dollars. The request for $59 was something automated that the website sent. I have no control over that. I am just trying to help you and asked some questions of you. You are NOT charged per question nor per response nor per answer. If you are not satisfied, you get your money back 100% no questions asks. The only one that can lose here is me. Why? Because I do NOT get a salary to be here to try to help you. I only get a small portion of your deposit IF you leave a positive rating. If you do not leave a positive rating for me, then it's like I worked for free. No one refunds my time and effort, but the website will refund all your money.

So if you still want my help, please respond to the following: Are you asking how much money your fiancée or spouse has to show in a bank account for her to come to the U.S.? Or are you asking how much money you have to show?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i am arthur **** this will be my wife i marry in the philippines an will need too no how much money to show too get my wife here too live here i am 62 now she is 40 i get sss now i make $485 a month i live in bakersfield ca. 93306 i add on two my mother home about 35 years ago
i add a 2 bed apartment on an a full bath an a kinden to to
by the time we get married she will haVE HER PASSPORT AN ALL OF HER [ID] I JUST DONT NO WHAT I NEED TOO GET HER HERE
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Well, let's hope that this is not a romance scam. Whatever you do, do NOT send money. There is no amount of money that she has to show to immigrate. If she tells you that her government requires that she show that she have enough money in a bank account before they allow her to travel, this is a lie. She will ask you to help her by sending the money to her so she can show it in her bank account and that she will return it to you. Again, this is a lie.

If you want to bring her, there are essentially three ways to bring her and none are really fast, unfortunately:

1) The K-1 fiancée visa takes 6 to 9 months, but you must have met before at least once during the last two years in order to process it. The I-129F will cost $340 plus a $350 fee for the visa processing fee. After she enters the U.S., then you have to marry and then you have to pay $1070 for the I-485 and she will have to wait about 5 to 7 months and gets another interview that you attend with your new spouse so that she can get Residency.

2) The K-3 spouse visa takes 6 to 9 months, you must be married. The I-129F will cost $340 and $350 for the visa processing fee. Then after she enters the U.S., she must still file the I-485 for $1070 and wait for the marriage interview about 5 to 7 months later.

3) The CR-1 visa (or IR-1 if your marriage is more than 2 years old) takes about 1 year or so. You must be married. The fees are $420 for the I-130, $330 for the visa processing fee, $88 for an Affidavit of Support fee. But once she enters the U.S., she enters as a Resident and she does not have to file (or pay for) an I-485 nor does she have to attend an additional interview. She just gets her green card in the mail a few weeks later.

So the K-1 and K-3 are faster but generally more expensive. The CR-1 (and IR-1) are slower, but generally cheaper. And no, there is no middle-visa that she can use to enter the U.S. while that process is pending. She will most likely have to wait outside.

Here is a link to those visas:

and another link:

I know you do not want to wait. I know it is very inconvenient. I know you want to be together sooner rather than later, but I have this same conversation two or three times per day on this website. No one ever likes it and believe me, if there was an easier or faster way, I would tell you. I know you will probably say, “but what about this...?” or “but what about that...?” But I will most likely continue to have bad news for you. I am truly sorry. The problem is that the U.S. concerns over security and fraud in this area are more important than a 6 to 9 months inconvenience to you. The way they see it is that if it truly is a real relationship, it will survive that length of time apart. Again, I am truly sorry. I wish I had a faster and easier way to tell you about.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!