Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am applying for adjustment of status i 485, will go for my

Customer Question

Hi i am applying for adjustment of status i 485, will go for my biometrics soon. Received a RFE but it was for my birth certificate . I have sent my birth certificate but photocopies. Do I send color copies that are more legible or send accross anything instead of birth certificate as my birth proof
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in louisville Ky
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have filed my application
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i guess i have my birth certificate sent in black and whit and may be they werent able to appreciate the stamp thats what i feel , can i send a colored copy of it or anything more like school records . My school record has my date of birth and my dads name will that help
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When can i hear back from your end
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What specifically did they ask for in the RFE? Just the birth certificate in general because you never sent one in?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They just asked for my birth certificate thats all. I did send one in but it was a black and white photocopy may be wasnt very legible to them

Sometimes they ask for things that they already have. It's frustrating. If you send a more legible copy and they didn't ask for anything more specific, you should be fine with that, but when you go to the interview, take an original certified copy with you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!