Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My wife an I are waiting on our NOA2 for our CR1 application

Customer Question

Hi, so my wife an I are waiting on our NOA2 for our CR1 application (she is the US citizen and I'm British). We're wondering how important it is for my G325a details to stay the same before the interview?The reason being, we were thinking about me giving in my notice when the NOA2 comes in preparation to leave as I have to give quite a long notice. I am a live in Hostel Manager so leaving my job also means my current address changes.Is it important for me to have a job/income at the time of the interview? or will they only consider the US partner, and also how hard is it to change my current address? / will it take long or disrupt the proccess?Lastly does it matter at the interview if I no longer have the job that was on my G325a?Hopefully that makes sense.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Did you already leave your old job?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I'm still at it, but I was thinking about giving my notice as soon as possible, because it isn't going so well either. But I'm willing to stay if it could mess up the process.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is this question still open?

Yes it is.. Please give me a few minutes.