Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My wife visa is still in adminstrative process since march

Customer Question
2016. i tried to contact...
my wife visa is still in adminstrative process since march 2016. i tried to contact Pakistan Embassy but no help.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/7/2017
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good evening, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I'm sorry to hear of the delay in your wife's visa processing. Can you tell me what type of visa she applied for?

i am US citizen and i applied for spouse visa i believe its I-130

I understand, thanks for clarifying.

This is actually quite normal. Current processing times for spousal visas range between 6 months to a year and a half.

The Pakistani office may be a bit backed up because of a high case volume. Nonetheless you should expect approval for your petition anytime within the next 2 - 8 months.

In the meantime you can also contact the USCIS customer support helpline to see if they have any updates on her case for you that might be helpful.

Their number is *****(###) ###-####and they can be reached Monday through Friday during regular business hours.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to kindly rate me using 3 stars or more, as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. I do not receive a salary here, and am only compensated for my time after you leave me a positive rating. The question won't close after you rate me, so you can still ask any follow-up questions you might have. Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

i know that but i would like to know why its taking so long. i found out my wife case is approved but i have no idea why its taking so long. i would like to know the reason why its taking so long
my brother applied for his wife after 2 month and she got visa with in one month. She is here in the United States.

Please clarify-- she already received approval but has not yet gone to an interview date to receive her visa at the Pakistan Embassy/ Consulate correct?

my wife gone for Interview on March 2016 and consulate told her that her visa got approved she will recieve her visa with in a month but its been almost a year now. she haven't recieved her visa yet.

I see, thanks for clarifying. I did not know that based on the way your initial question was posted.

Unfortunately there is no definitive answer that myself or any other attorney would be able to give you in this scenario. The only answer that you can get definitively is from the local Pakistani Consulate handling your wife's case.

I don't know why they have not been able to give you a definitive answer as to what's going on with her visa when you have called them.

My best recommendation would be to hire a local attorney in Pakistan and have them go over to the Embassy to determine what's happening with your wife's case. Unfortunately it seems that they are not willing to give you any answers, and in my experience that often means you need an attorney to take more enforceable measures.

I hope that helps! I'm sorry I do not have a more direct answer for you, unfortunately the answer for the reason for this delay needs to come from the Pakistani Consulate.

Gentle reminder: the site works on a good faith basis - I assist with your question, and in exchange you leave an appropriate positive rating of 3 stars or more. I know this was not an answer within my power to give to you, but a positive rating is the only way the JustAnswer site compensates me for my time I spent trying to get to the bottom of this with you and point you in the right direction to get the help your wife needs. If you could kindly leave a rating of 3 stars or more I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer