Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Two Question of I-129F. A )On the Form I-129F Petition for

Customer Question

Two Question of I-129F.
A )On the Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancee, part 1 (information about you) at page 2 of it, I answered Yes to question 14. The lawyer help me to files the I-797. The lawyer firm locate at NJ. But we live in TX.
I am not clear the question of 14f (city or town) and 14g (state).
1. The city and state where petition lived when I filed the form? Texas
2. The city and state where the lawyer file from ? NJ
3. The application where is files to USCIS : Mesquite, TX2. What Filing Limitations Does IMBRA Place on K-1 Nonimmigrant Petitioners?
a. You have previously filed K-1 petitions for two or more beneficiaries; or
I only filed one I-797 previous wife. The item “a” does not apply to me. Is it right ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Question #14 is asking about whether you ever filed a petition before for a alien fiance?

Did you file a fiance petition before this one?

What do you mean I-797. You don't file an I-797 that is something that USCIS sends out to you and is called a NOTICE OF ACTION.

2. Did you bring a previous wife here to the US on a fiance visa? If yes, when - the year?

Judith

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My ex-wife (we divorce few year ago) went to USA under H4 VISA. Then my lawyer help her to filed the green card. The I-485 was approval in 2011.
Should I answer the question ? Yes or no for Q14.
If Yes, I have question about 14f and 14g2. Did you bring a previous wife here to the US on a fiance visa?
H4 VISA.

I hope you were able o speak with an expert and they clarified your questions for you. If not, please let me know and I will try to help.

I am confused about your immigration history and your reference to an I-797.

Judith

I need to know if you have ever filed a fiance petition for a prior wife in the past.

What do you mean by I-797? You do not file such a form. USCIS sends that for as a NOTICE OF ACTION.

Judith