How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4703
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

FOR, and Happy New Year. Have one question. My wife (her

Customer Question

FOR JENNIFER,Hi and Happy New Year. Have one more followup question. My wife (her daughter) will be sponsoring her mom for green card.
She is US citizen, but came from China in 1999 on a fiance visa and eventually naturalized. We have her chinese birth certificate (translated) to prove the relationship, but her name was different then. We also have her marriage certificate from 1999 (translated) that proves her new last name. She still uses that name for passport, driver license etc. Should those documents be sufficient to prove the relationship?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again and thanks for requesting me.

Yes, those documents are fine. If her name change comes only from her marriage then it is known that it is just her married name and it is the same person. She should provide her birth certificate along with her marriage certificate to show that the new name is ***** ***** married name. She should also show her passport with the name.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.


Related Immigration Law Questions