How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3942
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a immigration lawyer, ask me about my employer, and I've

Customer Question

If a immigration lawyer, ask me about my employer, and I've overstayed my visa and working, will my employer be contacted?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: so sorry but none
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: tomorrow for my appointment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: a lot more but so confused
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I've reviewed your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understand, and waiting,
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I received your request for a phone call, however it states that there was a problem with payment to the website.

Would you like to take a moment to contact customer service to get that rectified?

I can wait, or I can finish typing my response here, just let me know, thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have paid the $5 and $59 for the live phone call, so please give me a answer to my question.
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry but I am a site user like yourself, payment is not handled through me but through the customer service department and at this time it won't allow us to connect because it says the payment did not go through. I can try sending you the link myself and that may work. Let's try that and you can let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please, I gave you a $5 dollar question, and a $59 live phone call and now it seems like there's a problem, so please, just give me and answer for my $5 question and you can waive the $59 live phone call, You can write your response here, please, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm so sorry but, all the emails I've gotten almost seems like my question has been answered, but really what your asking me is to pay more money that I don't have, I'm so confused and unsatisfied, sorry
Expert:  Expert James replied 6 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. It seems the other lawyer opted out, so I will continue to assist you if you would like me to. However, you are being charged more than $5 for the answer. I think the total $38, but you will have to contact customer service to confirm.

Would you like to continue with me?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello Mr. James, thanks for the contact, but now I don't have anymore money to use, for a live chat, Thanks for making it clear that $5 was just the deposit fee for the $33, so now I'm out $63 and not satisfied so sorry and please opt me out, Thanks.
Expert:  Expert James replied 6 months ago.

It does not appear that you've bene charged the $59 because the payment was not authorized. If it were, we would have been notified of that. So perhaps it would be best to contact customer support to determine what has been charged.

You can contact customer service by going to Contacting them by phone probably is the best way to go about this.

Once you've figured out what you've been charged, come back and decide, once and for all, if you want to continue. Does that sound fair?