Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Husband wrongfully deported because of attorney not filing

Customer Question

Husband wrongfully deported because of attorney not filing his appeal also his conviction was turned over by appeal when other defense attorney took case to jury trial and won we are legally married and have American born children he has been in the U.S. for over 10 years except the time when he was in Mexico he never should have been deported at all
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Unfortunately, it would not be considered that he was wrongfully deported if the conviction that he was deported based on was still valid when he was deported. To bring him back to the US now, you can petition your husband with an I-130 if you are a US citizen or resident. Once the petition is ready and there is a visa available he should be approved to come to the US if the crime that he was deported for was vacated. He will still need to submit an I-212 application for being deported.

You can find both forms on uscis.gov/forms

I know immigration issues like these sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with preparation or review of applications, I can send you an offer to exchange contact information so I may help you with these legal services for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind for whenever you'd like.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

---------

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days back, but have not left feedback or asked me any follow up questions.

Please let me know how I can earn your positive rating. That's the only way I receive credit on this website. Thanks for your consideration.