Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I would like to sponsor and provide for my close friend in

Customer Question

I would like to sponsor and provide for my close friend in the Dominican Republic who would like to visit the U.S. What type of VISA and how do we obtain it ?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: US citizen, nothing pending.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Your friend will need to apply for a B1/B2 visitor visa to come here as a tourist through the US Embassy online visa application process.

https://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/how-to-apply.html

She completes the DS-160 visa application online; she creates a profile at another site where she will pay the visa fee using a credit card or she may pay at Banco Popular in person.

Once she has paid the fee she will go back online and schedule her visa appointment.

You may send her a letter of invitation asking her to come and visit you and state that you will pay for all her expenses while she is in the US.

Here is a sample letter

https://www.path2usa.com/invitation-letter-for-visitor-visa

She should take with her evidence of having a residence in DR; employment and any financial ties that would draw her back there and that she would not just abandon and risk loosing.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After completing the DS 160 what is the other site for completing the profile ?

, 2)create a profile at www.ustraveldocs.com/do,

3) pay the visa application fee in Dominican pesos online with a credit card or in person at a branch of Banco Popular,

4) make an appointment for the Visa Application Center (VAC) and the U.S. Embassy online,

Judith