Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am with TN visa as a canadian citizen. I had H1B before

Customer Question

hi,
I am with TN visa as a canadian citizen. I had H1B before too. My wife had TD and H4 visa stamps. On a recent entry in a land border, CBP agent incorrectly assigned H4 class for my wife and me TN class. What should I do? My mom is US citizen and she will be filing Green card application for US. Should we go ahead and submit the green card application?
Regards
Syed Raihan
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am with TN. I don't have any pending application.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: my wife should have been in TD but she is in H4. Nope none yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am also planning to apply for Canadian immigration for my wife while my mom applies for US green card for us. We like to avoid leaving US.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Your spouse will need to go to CBP to get them to correct the I-94. Here is the official link to do that:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1683/~/i-94-automation---admitted-to-u.s.-with-wrong-information

Once that is fixed, that's when I would go forward with the green card.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!