How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5239
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My finance is from japan we have meet and dated for 6 months

Customer Question

My finance is from japan we have meet and dated for 6 months and he was approved the ESTA visa and we already got a ticket for him to come over meet my parents and my family to conduct a wedding ceremony, however he is in debt ( bankruptcy ) over 10,000 and his lawyer keeps delaying solutions and told him he won't be able to enter the US without the completion of the payment. yet we are willing to do the ceremony either find ways to pay abroad or go to japan. can he still come to the united states marry me and then if we have to go back to japan for his debt is possible ? he's flight is schedule Feb 11, 2017
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

His debt should have no bearing on whether he is allowed into the US or not. Whether Japan will allow him to leave is something different and I cannot speak to that because I am not an expert in Japanese law. But I can tell you that someone with debt can still come on an ESTA to the US.

Yes, he should be able to come to the US then go back after being married.

I know immigration issues like these sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with preparation or review of applications, I can send you an offer to exchange contact information so I may help you with these legal services for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind for whenever you'd like.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.


Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer today but you did not leave any feedback or ask any follow up questions.

Please let me know how I can earn your positive rating. This is very important as it is the only way I receive compensation. Thanks in advance.