Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I sent request for visitor visa extension but not get any

Customer Question

hello, I sent request for visitor visa extension but not get any answer. my visa expire Dec 3, office in Dallas receive my form Oct 6 but no answer yet. what do I do?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: yes, I sent forms but not receive any answer I have visa till dec 3
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need know if I approve visa extension or no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I just answered you in the other post but I am not sure if you received it. I will answer you here again.

Since you submitted your extension request BEFORE your visa expired on December 3rd, you are fine to wait here in the US while the extension is processed. You are considered to be in a "temporary legal status" while the request for extension is pending. You are not doing anything illegal and it is okay for you to stay here and wait past December 3rd. Whenever you get the decision you will have to decide to go or stay. If it is a denial of your extension then you need to leave immediately.

If you would like to have an update on your application you can look on uscis.gov and check with the receipt number . You can also call USCIS (immigration) at(###) ###-####5283 They may be able to help but sometimes they do not have news until you are approved or denied. You can try but if not you just have to wait.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer 2 days ago, but you did not leave a feedback for me or ask questions.

I hope that I have earned your positive rating. Thank you for your consideration.