How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3933
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you. Yes you can, Not yet...but this is concerns both

Customer Question

Thank you. Yes you can
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Not yet...but this is concerns both US and Canadain law *Canadian I am married to a US citizen. I am a Canadian citizen. My children are US citizens. My husband and I have been separated for 3 years. I am currently in Canada with the children, pursuing their Canadain citizenship.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: My question is: Can I pursue a Parental order if my children are not yet Canadian citizens? No i haven't yet spoken to a lawyer, but was on your site looking for ne when you texted me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No,
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

The children are currently residing with you in Canada? For how long?