How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my son in the US, but i am a British citizen, my son

Customer Question

HII had my son in the US , but i am a British citizen, my son who was diagnosed sickle cell trade and he lives with me in Africa. My problem is i was banned to travel to the US by the US embassy because when i had my son i was covered by the Masshealth insurance in MA. Now the problem is my son is having different type of episode related to the sickness. He was followed up by Doctors in the us and needed some kind of long time treatment but the US embassy banned from entering the us and do not know how long this may take. Is my case desperate or something can be done. I need your expertise as to what could be done.Thanks.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, while they cannot ban your son from entry into the US, they can ban you from entry. This would mean you would need to find a US citizen to accompany your son to the US for treatment or you would have to apply for a waiver under humanitarian reasons for the medical care for your son, which you would have to prove could not be obtained in any other country.
At this point if you have nobody in the US you can contact to accompany the child for treatment, you would need to hire a local Immigration Attorney to represent you to secure the waiver of inadmissibility and you can get one of those at the same site used by other attorneys, and if you plan on returning to MA, you can get one in MA to assist you which they can do from a distance.