Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Tina, born and my Mom was american citizen. She married my

Customer Question

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am Canadian born and my Mom was american citizen . She married my Dad who was born here in Canada .Dad's parents were British immigrants but Mom's parent came to Chicago from Czechoslovakia in 1915 . Born in Chicago she moved to Canada with parents at age 3 and then returned and lived there to go to high school and college. She was an amazing Mom and in her honor and because she raised me as an American patiot I want to see if I have any chance of having US citizenship . I also worked as a representative in Canada for 7 years for three medical testing labs stationed in Florida and California as well as North Carolina . I now run health bars inside of LA FITNESS an American company that is 700 locations strong and has opened clubs in Canada . If the chance exits to open state side health Bars in their clubs I want to be prepared. More importantly I love the way Mom raised us and without her American spirit I would not have had the respect and admiration for the country as well as the vision of the Americam dream she instilled . It is why I succeeded .
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Pearl - did you get the message?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just that I was born in 1953 if that makes any difference....Im very active as the CEO of my company
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  retireddebra replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I read your post but there is no question there from what I can see.

Can you please let me know what information you are looking for?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Being my Mom was American citizen ..Can I become one - dual or whatever it takes

Oh.

This question is on the Canada list.

I will ask the site to move it to the US law list.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou can I close this window then and wait for email or phone call ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I am a new expert and will review and get back to you in a moment. Thank you for your patience...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Guillermo - I'm wondering if I qualify to become an American citizen as per my story on this question page

Sorry for the delay. I am going to be off and on today. What is your date of birth? Were your parents married when you were born? How long did your mother live in the U.S. after she turned 14 but before you were born?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please call m
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please call or email

It is an additional fee to call or email privately. We can continue here if you like. What is your date of birth? Were your parents married when you were born? How long did your mother live in the U.S. after she turned 14 but before you were born?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My mom and dad were married when I was born and she was in USA from age 12 till 19

And your date of birth?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My date of birth is dec 17 1953

Ok. Take a look at this link:

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/c7055530707043fb860b31707cebb8b3

On the 6 page is says the requirements for you to acquire U.S. Citizenship at birth, that your mother had to live in the U.S. at least 10 years before you were born and that at least 5 of those years were after she turned 14. It's going to be close because you said she lived from 14 to 19. You will need to prove ALL of those years. If you can only prove to 18, you won't be approved.

As to how to get an approval, it's either filing the N-600 or the N-600K. Here are links to both:

https://www.uscis.gov/n-600

https://www.uscis.gov/n-600k

Please read the instructions carefully. For the N-600, it says you should not file this form if you ae the child of a U.S. Citizen that regular resides outside of the U.S., but for the N-600K, it says you should not file the form if you are a child that has already acquired U.S. Citizenship automatically under section 301, etc. which I think you have. So it's probably the N-600. If you are not living in the U.S. at this time, you may have to skip the N-600 and apply directly or a U.S. Passport proving that your mother is a U.S. Citizen, that she lived the time in the U.S. before you were born and that your parents were married at the time of your birth.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you and I would like to talk to you in person tomorrow

It is an additional fee to speak over the phone.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.