How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4754
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife arrested for shoplifting, they said that the goods

Customer Question

My wife arrested for shoplifting, they said that the goods were worth 2000$s in 2012. We had kid with her during that same time. They called for me, i couldnt reach in time, so they gave her a citation to appear in court and let her go. she left to india before her court appearance. We thought of going through divorce due to prior history. after 4 years we are settling our differences now she wants to come back.She was only been arrested, no finger prints taken. not prosecuted as she was in india during all these years with the kid.She has an arrest warrant issues on her name for obvious reasons.My question is will she get a stamping if she goes for Visa stamping?
Would she qualify for a inadmissibility exception considering we have a child who is a US citizen and me living in US on H1B?
are there any other options ?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

The problem is not just the citation but that she did not appear. You need to contact the court first or get a criminal attorney to check on in the case and pay if she owes something.

After that you need all the documents and you need to send them to your wife for when she applies for her H4. It is possible that they give her the waiver due to the fact that the crime was not very serious and that you are in the US and have a US child.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to choose a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can we have a quick 5-10 min call?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

You can send me the request for a phone call.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in with you. I see you read my answer but never left feedback and you wanted a phone call but I never got a request. If you no longer want the call, it's no problem but please kindly remember that I only receive credit for my time when you issue a rating for my services.

Thank you in advance.