How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109616
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

H and W entered illegally 23 yrs ago. Have daughter who

This answer was rated:

H and W entered illegally 23 yrs ago. Have daughter who lives in another state with American common law husband with their one and half yr old daughter. Filed I-130 earlier this yr. Daughter and her common law Husband have good paying jobs.
Q: In yr opinion does daughter stand a chance in proving hardship?
Is there a better option?

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

For the I-601A waiver, you mean?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The waiver where the daughter must prove that the deportation of her parents would result in an extreme hardship.

There is no such waiver for the parents of a U.S. Citizen that entered illegally. That's one of the issues with that waiver, that it doesn't allow children to apply for parents. They just extended it to allow U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident parents or spouses to qualify for the I-601A waiver. Here is the link so that you can read about it:

So unfortunately, this is not really an option for them. I am truly sorry.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello Joseph. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Joseph, out of interest, you are a long time user of this site and a subscription customer. This is at least the second question that I have answered for you and you have not left a positive rating for either. Is it something about me and my answers that you do no like? Please let me know so that I can better my responses. Thank you.

Hello Joseph. I don't know why you are ignoring me, but if you have some issue against me, at least next time you post in the immigration forum, please put NOT FOR GUILLERMO so that if I don't notice that it is you, I won't respond by accident and can let another expert handle your questions. Thank you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 4 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Guillermo, I'm truly sorry I did not get back to you until now. I had to travel out of town and have had a lot on my plate lately. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

No problem. I thought I had done something inappropriate since the last conversation we had you did not leave a positive rating. Here is a link:

Do you want to have a phone conversation in regards ***** ***** current topic?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Guillermo, I have been waiting for your phone call. Please call me at your earliest convenience. Try calling me at(###) ###-#### Thank you.

Sorry about that. I didn't see that you have requested a call until you wrote back. I will call you now. Sorry about the delay.