Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My husband field in October 2014 to have conditions removes

Customer Question

Hi, my husband field in October 2014 to have conditions removes due to divorce proceedings which was finalized in July of 2015. We met in boston in February of 2016 and were married this year in October. Immigration never sent him a green card but he just got a letter to go see an immigration judge in One month. Six month ago ago he had to send in documents to show the first marriage was valid and he swnr everything they Requested. What should we expect in this meeting? j
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tennessee where we live but His case was in Vermont. He moved to Memphis last year.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No we haven't.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No other than the date is next month for the hearing
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. So he had a 2 year green card and he filed an I-751 waiver to prove that even though his marriage was real, it ended in divorce and he should get the 10 year green card? And then eventually they denied the I-751 waiver and placed him in Removal proceedings?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If he is in removal proceedings at this point, he will have a chance to prove to the Immigration Judge that his previous marriage was real but just fell apart. If he fails in that, even a new marriage to you may not save him because marriage fraud is a deportable offense. So he REALLY needs to submit evidence to prove his original marriage was real and not just entered into to get a green card. Here is list of evidence that he can submit:

A letter where he describes, in a very detailed fashion, the circumstances in which he met his previous spouse, the reasons he married, and the feelings and emotions that he had towards her, and why.
If they have a child or children together, the birth certificate for each child.
Wedding pictures and pictures of other moments when he and his ex-spouse, and other members of each family and friends have been together.
Very detailed letters from people who know them and who are witnesses that their marriage was valid, who were at their wedding, or who knew them as a married couple.
Love letters or cards that they received from their spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both of them, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both them as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both their names on them that show that they bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for their home or apartment with both of their names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that they lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that both had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that they were or still are covered by their insurance plan, or that his plan covers or covered her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both their names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both their names).
An identification card that shows that his spouse's was using his last name.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.
Any other documents.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!