Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I live in Saudi Arabia. I want to marry my fiancee and bring

Customer Question
Hello. I live in Saudi...
Hello. I live in Saudi Arabia. I want to marry my fiancee and bring her to the United States with me. She also lives in Riyadh. Which visa should I apply for?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/21/2016
Immigration Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

congratulations!

Another option is the K3 visa which allows the parties to get married in the fiance's country,so the US citizen may then bring the spouse to the US while immigration papers are pending. Information on that is here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/spouse-citizen.html

It is a popular method but it does require the participation of the Saudi government as they will need to grant approval, and they will request that US legal documents be translated and the US government will request that the Saudi papers be translated also. The marriage must take place in the country where the visa interview will be held (the consulate), typically one's originating country.

The F1 is also popular, but the marriage is given extra scrutiny as to whether it is a legitimate marriage. It does allow the fiance to come to the US for 90 days and the marriage takes place here. This can be easier because only the US immigration department is involved.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer