How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 9905
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Saudi Arabia. I want to marry my fiancee and bring

Customer Question

Hello. I live in Saudi Arabia. I want to marry my fiancee and bring her to the United States with me. She also lives in Riyadh. Which visa should I apply for?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 8 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 8 months ago.


Another option is the K3 visa which allows the parties to get married in the fiance's country,so the US citizen may then bring the spouse to the US while immigration papers are pending. Information on that is here:

It is a popular method but it does require the participation of the Saudi government as they will need to grant approval, and they will request that US legal documents be translated and the US government will request that the Saudi papers be translated also. The marriage must take place in the country where the visa interview will be held (the consulate), typically one's originating country.

The F1 is also popular, but the marriage is given extra scrutiny as to whether it is a legitimate marriage. It does allow the fiance to come to the US for 90 days and the marriage takes place here. This can be easier because only the US immigration department is involved.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 8 months ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.