How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10049
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I were married in February 2016. She applied for

Customer Question

My wife and I were married in February 2016. She applied for her green card in May 2016. She has received her work permit and social security number. She is a Japanese citizen and wants to go back to Japan for 2 weeks to celebrate the New Year but we have not had our green card interview yet.
Is there any way she can travel to Japan while we are waiting for her green card?
I am a U.S citizen. I was born and raised here
Thank you
Michael Wayne
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 9 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 9 months ago.

The wait for advanced parole is anywhere between 3-6 months typically. Unfortunately unless one has entered on a K-3 Visa, the only way to ensure that the application process will not be affected is by waiting for permission to travel.

Otherwise the whole process would need to begin over-including the fees. I wish I had better information but unfortunately there are not exceptions to that!

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 9 months ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.

Related Immigration Law Questions