Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have a few issues and I would like some answer? I migrate

Customer Question
December of last year on...
I have a few issues and I would like some answer? I migrate December of last year on a fiance visa and my husband has been emotionally abusive since then what action can I take without jeopardizing my paperwork.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I have a residence card for two years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/18/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

It is not physical abuse? Have you gone to speak to a psychologist or psychiatrist?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you entered the U.S. with a K-1 visa and your spouse refuses to file the paperwork for you and you cannot prove physical abuse or extreme emotional abuse, then you have to go home. There is no way that you can force him to file for you and marrying a different U.S. Citizen cannot help you stay. Even having U.S. Citizen children cannot help you stay because the K-1 visa is one of the worst visas to have. If you can prove abuse, either physical or extreme emotional abuse, then you can file on your own. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/battered-spouse-children-parents

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.