Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My husband has been deported twice he's from mexico he's now

Customer Question

My husband has been deported twice he's from mexico he's now in the county jail on misdemeanor DUI charges... The last time he left voluntarily .. This this ice has a hold on him with means he already had a ten year bar on him for second illegal entry..he just wants this time to go back and stay. Once he's picked up and transferred to a holding facility will he face any additional time in detentions for this
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I'm scared
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: With kind immigration.. Yes but this time it may be permanently barred...I'm just worried about federal time he may face for re entry...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm terrified ...lol.. That's it
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Has a federal prosecutor charged him with the crime of illegal re-entry?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont know