How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My bf in UK booked a flight to visit. And now there is a new

Customer Question

Hi, my bf in UK booked a flight to visit. And now there is a new eTA required to visit. He has a DUI from 2002 so we're trying to understand his options to come as I expect this will deny him an eTA
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: we just applied to cancel an eTA that wa originally approved. We thought for sure that DUI gets off record after 11 yrs and now realize it's only off the Drivers Licence so we think he answered the "criminal record" question wrong by saying no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am pregnant with his baby and due in March thanks
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You mean he was going to use an ESTA Visa Waiver to come to the U.S.?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ETA to travel to Canada

Related Immigration Law Questions